With more and more people becoming internet savvy, social media has become a huge platform to stay connected with people around the world. Many small businesses are making use of social media platforms to stand out from their competitors. It has been considered to be the best medium to reach your target market and to engage with your clients while boosting your brand. You can raise awareness about your products and services and build your reputation simultaneously by making yourself accessible to your audience
Apparently, social networking gives your business an opportunity to make new contacts from the comfort of your office, without making much effort. All you need is to keep your page updated, engaged and easily accessible by all. Social networking can improve your business in number of areas:
- Brand building
- Customer Satisfaction
- Business Awareness
Nowadays, almost all kind of business owners are engaging in social media to give a boost to their company’s reputation and to create awareness about their existence. However, it is very important to choose the right social media platform for your business. You should know where your target audience is. You should direct your efforts toward the platform people normally use. Nowadays, there are various forms of social media techniques such as blogs, microblogs, videocasts, discussion forums, RSS feeds, podcasts, social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc. Many companies like Zeno International provide such services which may help your business grow in the social networking sector. You will have to research the web and find out the most suitable social media for your business.
Advantages of using social media
- It is the easiest and most effective way to grab attention of potential customers and increase brand visibility by using compelling and relevant content through your fan page, blog or video. All these directly influence universal search results, improving search traffic and online sales by boosting the direct links to the website.
- It boosts customer interaction, where the owner and the clients can interact with each other almost instantly. Social media provides you with a platform to deliver improved customer service and respond effectively to feedback.
- It does not involve much investment and it is cheaper than any other means of advertising and promotion. You do not have to spend huge money on press conferences, fairs and special shows to promote your business.
- It makes you easily accessible by people around the world. Customers can contact you through various channels, thereby increasing the market for your business.
- You do not have to go to places to get new contacts and customers for your business. This way you can save on cost, time and efforts.
Disadvantages of social media:
- It needs lots of time and patience to develop your social media platform. You will have to devote lots of time towards maintaining your social presence through regular contents and responding to feedbacks.
- Since it is an open forum for people, there is always a risk of getting negative comments. People can directly leave messages that can be seen by prospective customers, thereby causing loss of market. Moreover, it is very important to respond to these comments instantly, otherwise it gives an impression of poor service.
- You cannot expect immediate profits from such platforms. In some cases it can often take more than a year to see visible improvement in sales or customer service. Zeno international recommends that it is not an immediate profit making tool. It needs proper planning and organizational skills to survive in the long run.